|Reference||IEC 61010-1 ed3.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 1: General requirements|
|Abstract||IEC 61010-1:2010 specifies general safety requirements for the following types of electrical equipment and their accessories, wherever they are intended to be used.
a) Electrical test and measurement equipment
b) Electrical industrial process-control equipment c) Electrical laboratory equipment
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2001. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant changes from the second edition, as well as numerous other changes.
- The scope of the standard has been expanded to include all locations where these products may be used, so that both professional and non-professional versions of these products are within the scope.
- The requirements for testing and measuring circuits (in various subclauses and the entirety of Clause 16) have been removed and included in a particular standard IEC 61010-2-030.
- Insulation requirements (6.7) have been completely rewritten.
- Additional requirements for protection against mechanical HAZARDS (Clause 7) have been included.
- Surface temperature limits (Clause 10) have been modified to conform to the limits of EN 563.
- Radiation requirements (Clause 12) have been modified, and take into account a distinction between intended emission and unintended emission.
- Requirements for reasonably foreseeable misuse and ergonomic aspects have been added (Clause 16).
- A new clause (Clause 17) has been added to deal with HAZARDS and environments not covered by the standard, along with a new informative annex (Annex J) dealing with RISK assessment.
- A new informative annex (Annex E) addresses methods of reducing the POLLUTION DEGREE of a micro-environment.
- Requirements for the qualification of coatings for protection against POLLUTION have been added (Annex H).
- A new informative annex (Annex I) has been added to further explain how to determine the WORKING VOLTAGE of a MAINS CIRCUIT.
It has the status of a group safety publication, as specified in IEC Guide 104. The contents of the corrigendum 1 of May 2011, the interpretation sheet 1 of February 2013 and the corrigendum 2 of October 2013 have been included in this copy.
|Technical Committee||66 - Safety of measuring, control and laboratory equipment|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC/TR 61156-1-2-am1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 61156-1-2 Ed. 1.1
- Project IEC 60335-2-95-am1 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 60601-1-11 Ed. 2.0
- Project IEC 61892-7 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 60127-3 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 60079-18 Ed. 4.0