||Specifies the requirements of enamelled round aluminium winding wire of class 180 with a sole coating based on polyesterimide resin, which may be modified providing it retains the chemical identity of the original resin and meets all specified wire requirements.
Class 180 is a thermal class that requires a minimum temperature index of 180 and a heat shock temperature of at least 200 °C.
The temperature in degrees Celsius corresponding to the temperature index is not necessarily that at which it is recommended that the wire be operated and this will depend on many factors, including the type of equipment involved.
The range of nominal conductor diameters covered by this standard is as follows:
- grade 1: 0,400 mm up to and including 1,600 mm;
- grade 2: 0,400 mm up to and including 5,000 mm.
The nominal conductor diameters are specified in Clause 4 of IEC 60317-0-3.
The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- new requirements for appearance, Subclause 3.2, added;
- springiness test, Clause 7, determined to be inappropriate;
- cut-through test, Clause 10, determined to be inappropriate;
- high temperature failure test, Clause 22, deleted;
- new pin hole test, Clause 23, added.