|Reference||IEC/TS 60479-2 ed3.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Effects of current on human beings and livestock - Part 2: Special aspects|
|Abstract||IEC 60479-2, which is a technical specification, describes the effects on the human body when a sinusoidal alternating current in the frequency range above 100 Hz passes through it. The effects of current passing through the human body for
- alternating sinusoidal current with d.c. components,
- alternating sinusoidal current with phase control,
- alternating sinusoidal current with multicycle control, are given but are only deemed applicable for alternating current frequencies from 15 Hz up to 100 Hz.
This standard furthermore describes the effects of current passing through the human body in the form of single unidirectional rectangular impulses, sinusoidal impulses and impulses resulting from capacitor discharges. The values specified are deemed to be applicable for impulse durations from 0,1 ms up to and including 10 ms. For impulse durations greater than 10 ms, the values given in Figure 20 of IEC 60479-1 apply. This standard only considers conducted current resulting from the direct application of a source of current to the body, as does IEC 60479-1 and IEC 60479-3. It does not consider current induced within the body caused by its exposure to an external electromagnetic field. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 1987, and constitutes a technical revision. The major changes with regard to the previous edition are as follows:
- the report has been completed with additional information on effects of current passing through the human body for alternating sinusoidal current with d.c. components, alternating sinusoidal current with phase control, alternating sinusoidal current with multicycle control in the frequency range from 15 Hz up to 100 Hz.
- an estimation of the equivalent current threshold for mixed frequencies.
- the effect of repeated pulses (bursts) of current on the threshold of ventricular fibrillation.
- effects of electric current through the immersed human body.
|Technical Committee||64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shock|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC 60127-2 Ed. 3.0
- IEC 60335-2-90-am2 Ed. 3.0
- IEC 61195-am2 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 62031-am2 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60335-2-90 Ed. 3.2
- IEC 61195 Ed. 2.2
- IEC 62031 Ed. 1.2