|Reference||IEC 60079-18 ed3.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Explosive atmospheres - Part 18: Equipment protection by encapsulation "m"|
|Abstract||IEC 60079-18:2009 gives the specific requirements for the construction, testing and marking of electrical equipment, parts of electrical equipment and Ex components with the type of protection encapsulation "m" intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres or explosive dust atmospheres. This part applies only for encapsulated electrical equipment, encapsulated parts of electrical equipment and encapsulated Ex components where the rated voltage does not exceed 11 kV. The significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- Incorporation of level of protection "mc"
- Equipment protection levels (EPL Ma, Ga, Da, Mb, Gb, Db, Gc, Dc)
- Incorporation of the dust requirements
- Incorporation of switching contacts for level of protection "ma".
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IE C 60079-0:2007.
NEW! IEC 60079-18:2009 is also available as IEC Standards+ 60079-18:2009 which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition. The contents of the corrigendum of June 2009 have been included in this copy.
|Technical Committee||31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheres|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IECEE INDA-DB-12M Ed. 1.0
- IEC 61400-1 Ed. 3.1
- ISO/IEC 14776-251 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 62841-3-9 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 61784-1 Ed. 4.0
- Project IEC 61784-2 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 62485-3 Ed. 2.0