|Reference||IEC 61508-2 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems - Part 2: Requirements for electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems (see Functional Safety and IEC 61508)|
|Abstract||IEC 61508-2:2010 applies to any safety-related system, as defined by IEC 61508-1, that contains at least:
- one electrical, electronic or programmable electronic element;
- applies to all elements within an E/E/PE safety-related system;
- specifies how to refine the E/E/PE system safety requirements specification, developed in accordance with IEC 61508-1, into the E/E/PE system design requirements specification;
- specifies the requirements for activities that are to be applied during the design and manufacture of the E/E/PE safety-related systems except software, which is dealt with in IEC 61508-3.
These requirements include the application of techniques and measures that:
- are graded against the safety integrity level, for the avoidance of, and control of, faults and failures;
- specifies the information necessary for carrying out the installation, commissioning and final safety validation of the E/E/PE safety-related system;
- provides requirements for the preparation of information and procedures needed by the user for the operation and maintenance of the E/E/PE safety-related systems;
- specifies requirements to be met by the organisation carrying out any modification of the E/E/PE safety-related systems.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1998. This edition constitutes a technical revision. It has been subject to a thorough review and incorporates many comments received at the various revision stages. It has the status of a basic safety publication according to IEC Guide 104.
NEW! Also available: IEC Standards+ 61508:2010, containing all parts, together with a commented Redline version. Changes made in this 2nd edition are highlighted and commented by a leading world expert.
This publication is of high relevance for Smart Grid.
|Technical Committee||65A - System aspects|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- Project CISPR 16-2-3-am2 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 62116 Ed. 1.0
- Project CISPR 16-2-1 Ed. 3.0
- Project CISPR 35 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 61375-3-4 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62724 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60335-2-40 Ed. 5.0