|Reference||IEC 60364-4-42 ed3.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 4-42: Protection for safety - Protection against thermal effects|
|Abstract||IEC 60364-4-42:2010 applies to electrical installations with regard to measures for the protection of persons, livestock and property against:
- thermal effects, combustion or degradation of materials, and risk of burns caused by electrical equipment,
- flames in case of a fire hazard being propagated from electrical installations to other fire compartments segregated by barriers which are in the vicinity, and
- the impairment of the safe functioning of electrical equipment including safety services.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2001, and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- The scope now includes protection against all thermal effects and flames in case of a fire hazard being propagated from electrical installations to other fire compartments segregated by barriers which are in the vicinity.
- Requirements associated with escape routes for evacuation in an emergency have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with the nature of processed or stored materials have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with combustible constructional materials have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with fire propagating structures have been modified slightly.
- New requirements for the selection and erection of installations in locations which might endanger precious goods have been added.
- Protection against overheating now includes space heating appliances.
|Technical Committee||64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shock|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- S+ IEC 60079-1 Ed. 7.0
- IEC 61869-4 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62841-3-9 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62751-2 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62751-1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62675 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62656-1 Ed. 1.0