|Reference||IEC/TR 62258-3 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Semiconductor die products - Part 3: Recommendations for good practice in handling, packing and storage|
|Abstract||IEC/TR 62258-3:2010 has been developed to facilitate the production, supply and use of semiconductor die products, including:
- singulated bare die,
- die and wafers with attached connection structures,
- and minimally or partially encapsulated die and wafers. This report contains suggested good practice for the handling, packing and storage of die products. Success in manufacture of electronic assemblies containing die products is enhanced by attention to handling, storage and environmental conditions. This report provides guidelines taken from industry experience and is especially useful to those integrating die products into assemblies for the first time. It is also intended as an aid to setting up and auditing facilities that handle or use bare die products, from wafer fabrication to final assembly. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition.
1. Special requirements have been added throughout the document for optical die, where applicable. For example see 4.3 paragraph 4 and 10.1.3 paragraph 3.
2. The following new subclauses have been added:
- 4.4.6 ESD Guidelines
- 5.1 Wafer thinning
3. Subclause 5.2 (Singulation or die separation) has been renamed from the previous Subclause 5.1 (Wafer sawing) and has been expanded to included other methods of singulation or sawing, including:
- 5.2.2 Wafer scribing
- 5.2.3 Laser cutting
- 5.2.4 Dice before grind (DBG)
4. Subclause 5.3.7 (previous edition Subclause 5.2.7) has been changed to include optical and microwave die.
5. In Subclause 6.3, the Subclause 6.3.2 (Specialised wafer tubs) has been added to include wafer taubs specially handle and ship wafers that have not been singulated.
6. Two new Subclauses have been to Clause 6:
- 6.9 Handling and packing of thinned die or wafers
- 6.10 Packing materials and their reuse
7. A new subclause has been added to Subclause 9.6:
- 9.6.3 Use of packing material having sacrificial properties
8. Annex A (Planning checklist) has been updated throughout.
9. In Annex B (Material specifications) a new Subclause has been added:
- B.5 Adhesive gel tray material specifications.
|Technical Committee||47 - Semiconductor devices|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC 60127-2 Ed. 3.0
- IEC 60335-2-90-am2 Ed. 3.0
- IEC 61195-am2 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 62031-am2 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60335-2-90 Ed. 3.2
- IEC 61195 Ed. 2.2
- IEC 62031 Ed. 1.2