|Reference||IEC 62305-3 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Protection against lightning - Part 3: Physical damage to structures and life hazard|
|Abstract||IEC 62305-3:2010(E) provides the requirements for protection of a structure against physical damage by means of a lightning protection system (LPS), and for protection against injury to living beings due to touch and step voltages in the vicinity of an LPS (see IEC 62305-1). This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2006, and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
1) Minimum thicknesses of metal sheets or metal pipes given in Table 3 for air-termination systems are assumed as not able to prevent hot-spot problems.
2) Steel with electro-deposited copper is introduced as material suitable for LPS.
3) Some cross-sectional areas of LPS conductors were slightly modified.
4) For bonding purposes, isolating spark gaps are used for metal installations and SPD for internal systems.
5) Two methods - simplified and detailed - are provided for evaluation of separation distance.
6) Protection measures against injuries of living beings due to electric shock are considered also inside the structure.
7) Improved information for LPS in the case of structures with a risk of explosion are given in Annex D (normative).
|Technical Committee||81 - Lightning protection|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC 60730-1 Ed. 5.0
- IEC 60947-1-am2 Ed. 5.0
- IEC 60793-1-50 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60794-3 Ed. 4.0
- IEC/TR 61641 Ed. 3.0
- IEC 61076-2-104 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60297-3-108 Ed. 1.0