|Reference||IEC 61804-3 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Function blocks (FB) for process control - Part 3: Electronic Device Description Language (EDDL)|
|Abstract||IEC 61804-3:2010 specifies the Electronic Device Description Language (EDDL) technology, which enables the integration of real product details using the tools of the engineering life cycle. It specifies EDDL as a generic language for describing the properties of automation system components. It specifies the semantic and lexical structure in a syntax-independent manner. A specific syntax is defined in Annex A, but it is possible to use the semantic model also with different syntaxes. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2006. This edition constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- Language elements to support modular devices, see, 7.9, 7.10, 7.36.1, 7.36.2, 7.36.3, 7.36.13, and 7.36.15;
- Language elements to support offline configuration, 7.31;
- Usage of UTF-8, see A.2.3.;
- Various BuiltIns;
- BLOCK_A referencing. Updates to support access to multiple blocks, see 7.4.1, 7.38.18 up to 7.38.26.;
- Add VALIDITY attribute to various lexical structures;
- Support of multi-language images, see 18.104.22.168;
- In 7.23.1 deleted the restriction of the MENU item list;
- Syntactical limitation on conditionals in 22.214.171.124 to restrict the MENU layout;
- Add LIST and delete VARIABLE_LIST of the MENU items in 126.96.36.199;
- Additional return value data types for METHOD TYPE, see 188.8.131.52;
- Replace reference by a context specific specification in Table 170;
- Clarification on KEY_POINTS behaviour, see 184.108.40.206;
- Add TRANSPARENT to the lexical structure to make the list of attributes consistent, see 7.36.11;
- Clarification on file behaviour, see 7.36.10;
- Add in Table A.5 the new key-words;
- Add the formal EDDL syntax in A.6;
- Deleted in A.6 all non-needed constructs using the auxiliary ..._listR. These were created by a non-perfect syntax-checking tool.
- Deleted in A.6 all non-needed "stmt1:" and "stmt2:". These were created by a non-perfect syntax-checking tool.
- Made A.6 consistent about using a colon at the end of a term by amending colons in a consistent way.
- Deleted not used references.
- Deleted in several lexical structures the brackets and "
- Deleted in lexical structures the "[
- Exchanged the attribute WIDTH by HEIGHT in the subclause specifying HEIGHT.
- Spelling errors like GUAGE exchanged to GAUGE.
- Syntactical limitation on conditionals in ACTIONS (for example see 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) to support conditionals only in the METHODs.
- Clarification on file behaviour in 7.15.
- Add GRID and IMAGES to the attribute list, see 7.19.
- Deleted a duplication of element list in 22.214.171.124.
- Defining and calling METHODs with parameter and return value, see 7.24.
- Restriction on METHOD CLASS, see 126.96.36.199.
- Clarification on SCALING_F ACTOR behaviour, see Table 165.
- Deleted EDDL operators from EDDL keyword list, see Table A.5.
- Clarification on TIME_VALUE coding prov iding the absolute basis, see Table D.16 and Table D.17.
This bilingual version, published in 2011-07, corresponds to the English version.
|Technical Committee||65E - Devices and integration in enterprise systems|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- Project IEC 62485-4 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 82045-2 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 62907 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 60068-3-12 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60704-2-5-am1 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60684-3-285 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60115-8-1 Ed. 2.0