|Reference||IEC 62271-106 ed1.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 106: Alternating current contactors, contactor-based controllers and motor-starters|
|Abstract||IEC 62271-106:2011 is applicable to a.c. contactors and/or contactor-based controllers and motor-starters designed for indoor installation and operation at frequencies up to and including 60 Hz on systems having voltages above 1 000 V but not exceeding 24 000 V.
It is applicable only to three-pole devices for use in three-phase systems, and single-pole devices for use in single-phase systems. Two-pole contactors and starters for use in single-phase systems are subject to agreement between manufacturer and user. This standard cancels and replaces the second edition of IEC 60470 published in 1999. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 60470:1999:
- Scope and object: The voltage range covered by the standard was expanded from 12 kV to 24 kV. Overload relay calibration and testing is not covered by this standard.
- 3 Terms and definitions: Added definitions for capacitor switching classes.
- 4.1 Rated voltage: Added 15, 17,5 and 24 kV as standard voltage values.
- 4.109.2 Starting duty of reduced-voltage starters: Added ratings for autotransformer and reactor starters (was in the testing section).
- 4.112 Rated capacitive switching currents: Added capacitor switching current ratings.
- 5.101 Protective relays: Removed the requirements for overload relays. This section is obsolete since there are only a few MV starters fitted with thermal overload relays and electronic relays have their own standards.
- 6.2.5 Application of the test voltage and test conditions (former 6.2.2 b)): Changed wording of requirement for impulse across the open gap of vacuum contactors.
- 6.4.2 Auxiliary circuits: The requirement for resistance checks of auxiliary circuits was deleted.
- 126.96.36.199 Temperature rise of the auto transformer or reactor for two step auto transformer or reactor starters: Reworded to transfer ratings to subclause 4.109.2.
- 6.102.9 Condition following making and breaking tests: Gave specific direction as to what the tolerance should be based on where the resistance was to be checked.
- 6.104 Short-circuit current making and breaking tests: Clarified test conditions for short-circuit testing.
- 6.109 Capacitive current switching tests: Added capacitive current switching tests.
- Annex B: Added Table B.1 - Tolerances on test quantities for type test. The contents of the corrigendum of February 2014 have been included in this copy.
|Technical Committee||17A - High-voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- CISPR 16-SER Ed. 1.0
- IEC 62489-1-am1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60901-am6 Ed. 2.0
- CISPR 16-1-6 Ed. 1.0
- CISPR 16-1-5 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 62489-1 Ed. 1.1
- ISO/IEC 24775-5 Ed. 1.0