|Reference||ISO/IEC 29341-17-11 ed1.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Information technology - UPnP device architecture - Part 17-11: Quality of Service Device Control Protocol - Level 3 - Quality of Service Manager Service|
|Abstract||ISO/IEC 29341-17-11:2011(E) describes the service-type that enables modelling of 'Quality of Service Manager' function capabilities. This service provides a mechanism for a Control Point to:
- Be agnostic of the QoS capabilities and associated details about the various QoS Devices on the network at the expense of potential network inefficiency.
- Abstract the tasks of setting up, modifying and revoking the QoS associated with every traffic stream.
- QosManager:3 defines new capabilities to set up Parameterized QoS. Control Points may now request reservations for specific resources for the exclusive use of individual streams. Successful resource reservation ensures that streams will always have the bandwidth and other resources to transport time critical data.
- QosManager:3 defines a method for Control Points to request preemption of existing reservations on the UPnP-QoS network if necessary to admit a new stream.
- QosManager:3 supports a mechanism for providing a list of blocking streams to a Control Point so that it can handle preemption on its own, if desired. This service definition is compliant with the UPnP Device Architecture version 1.0.
|Technical Committee||JTC 1 -|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- CISPR 15 Ed. 8.1
- IEC 60670-22 Ed. 1.1
- IEC 60670-22-am1 Ed. 1.0
- CISPR 15-am1 Ed. 8.0
- IEC 61837-4 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60793-1-43 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60404-8-1 Ed. 3.0