|Reference||IEC 60683 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Industrial electroheating equipment - Test methods for submerged-arc furnaces|
|Abstract||IEC 60683:2011 specifies test procedures, conditions and methods according to which the main parameters and the main operational characteristics of a submerged-arc furnace (SAF) with rated electrical power levels above 500 kVA are established. This standard is applicable to SAF with one or more electrodes. In order to determine further technical or economic assessments, additional tests may be necessary. Tests for some special equipment for semiconductor converter controlled furnaces, such as controlled rectifiers or controlled a.c. converters, are covered by IEC 60146-1-1. This second edition cancels and replaces the previous edition published in 1980 and constitutes a technical revision.
Significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- Clause 1 (Scope and object) - the types of furnaces covered by this standard are more clearly defined.
- Clause 2 (Normative references) and Clause 3 (Terms and definitions) have been updated and completed.
- A new Clause 4 (Features of the SAF sytem) has been added; it mainly concentrates on the tests necessary for high voltage/high current electrical equipment in the installation.
- Clause 5 (Tests and general conditions) and Clause 6 (Technical tests) have been modified according to today's requirements for safe operation of a SAF.
|Technical Committee||27 - Industrial electroheating and electromagnetic processing|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IECEE INDA-DB-12M Ed. 1.0
- IEC 61400-1 Ed. 3.1
- ISO/IEC 14776-251 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 62841-3-9 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 61784-1 Ed. 4.0
- Project IEC 61784-2 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 62485-3 Ed. 2.0