|Reference||IEC 60384-22 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Fixed capacitors for use in electronic equipment - Part 22: Sectional specification - Fixed surface mount multilayer capacitors of ceramic dielectric, Class 2|
|Abstract||IEC 60384-22:2011 is applicable to fixed unencapsulated surface mount multilayer capacitors of ceramic dielectric, Class 2, for use in electronic equipment. These capacitors have metallized connecting pads or soldering strips and are intended to be mounted on printed boards, or directly onto substrates for hybrid circuits. Capacitors for electromagnetic interference suppression are not included, but are covered by IEC 60384-14. The object of this standard is to prescribe preferred ratings and characteristics and to select from IEC 60384-1 the appropriate quality assessment procedures, tests and measuring methods and to give general performance requirements for this type of capacitor. Test severities and requirements prescribed in detail specifications referring to this sectional specification should be of equal or higher performance level, lower performance levels are not permitted. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004 and contains the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition.
- The measuring frequency of 1 MHz has been reduced to 1 kHz for 100 pF, see 4.5.1 Capacitance.
- The test voltage of 1,2 UR at UR greater or equal to 1 000 V has been added in 4.5.4 Voltage proof.
- Detail test conditions have been added in 4.7 Shear test and 4.8 Substrate bending test.
- Test conditions applying lead free solder alloy (Sn-Ag-Cu) have been included in 4.9 Resistance to soldering heat and 4.10 Solderability.
- A selection of the test conditions according to marketing needs has been stated in 4.13 Damp heat, steady state.
- The dimensions of 0402 M in Annex A have been added.
- The temperature characteristics code of capacitance for the reference temperature of 25 °C has been added, see Annex C.
|Technical Committee||40 - Capacitors and resistors for electronic equipment|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IECEE INDA-DB-12M Ed. 1.0
- IEC 61400-1 Ed. 3.1
- ISO/IEC 14776-251 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 62841-3-9 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 61784-1 Ed. 4.0
- Project IEC 61784-2 Ed. 3.0
- Project IEC 62485-3 Ed. 2.0