|Reference||IEC 60335-2-17 ed3.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-17: Particular requirements for blankets, pads, clothing and similar flexible heating appliances|
|Abstract||IEC 60335-2-17:2012 deals with the safety of electric blankets, pads, clothing and other flexible appliances that heat the bed or human body, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V. This standard also applies to control units supplied with the appliance. Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used in beauty parlours or by persons in cold ambient temperatures, are within the scope of this standard. As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction or children playing with the appliance.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2006) and its Amendment 2 (2008). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the second edition are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- The definition of PTC heating element has been deleted and the definition in Part 1 now applies. A definition of a heating element with PTC characteristics has been introduced instead (3.117). This has resulted in editorial changes to 5.7, 5.8.2, 7.1, 10.101, 11.2, 21.105, 21.111.1 and 21.112.
- The allowance for class I appliances has been deleted and requirements for appliances incorporating a functional earth have been incorporated (6.1, 7.1, 22.115).
- The working voltage of parts of class III construction is limited to 24 V (22.26).
- Some notes have been deleted or converted to normative text (3.107, 3.111, 3.113, 5.2, 5.3, 5.8.2, 11.8, 11.101, 11.102, 15.1, 15.101, 19.1, 19.13, 19.102, 19.103, 19.105, 19.106, 19.108, 19.109, 19.110, 19.111, 19.112, 21.1, 21.102, 21.103, 21.109, 21.110.3, 21.111.1, 21.111.2, 21.111.3, 21.112, 22.103, 22.114, 25.23, Annex AA, Annex CC 3.1.9, 19.201, 19.203).
- Modification of the marking requirements (7.1, 7.14, 7.15).
- Modification of the instructions (7.12).
- Clarification of the heat stroke test (11.101).
- The figure numbers have been updated to take into account deletion of Figure 103 in the previous edition.
The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication. Keywords: electric blanket: pad: heating element
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Technical Committee||61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliances|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC 60050-192 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60050-300-am1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60050-705-am1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60050-541-am1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60050-471-am1 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60050-442-am1 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60050-426-am1 Ed. 2.0