|Reference||IEC 60335-2-8 ed6.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-8: Particular requirements for shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances|
|Abstract||IEC 60335-2-8:2012 deals with the safety of electric shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V. Examples of similar appliances are those used for manicure and pedicure.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops and on farms, are within the scope of this standard. Examples of such appliances are animal clippers, animal shearers and appliances for hairdressers.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account, persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction or children playing with the appliance. This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2005) and its Amendment 2 (2008). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the fifth edition of IEC 60335-2-8 are as follows:
- modified requirements for animal shearers (6.1, 11.8, 22.36);
- modified requirements for animal clippers (3.102, 11.8, 24.1.3);
- deleted reference to ISO 13732-1 from the Bibliography. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication. Keywords: Shaver, hair clippers, pedicure, manicure.
|Technical Committee||61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliances|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- Project IEC 62485-4 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 82045-2 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 62907 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 60068-3-12 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60704-2-5-am1 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60684-3-285 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60115-8-1 Ed. 2.0