|Reference||IEC 61496-2 ed3.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Safety of machinery - Electro-sensitive protective equipment - Part 2: Particular requirements for equipment using active opto-electronic protective devices (AOPDs)|
|Abstract||IEC 61496-2:2013 specifies requirements for the design, construction and testing of electro-sensitive protective equipment (ESPE) designed specifically to detect persons as part of a safety-related system, employing active opto-electronic protective devices (AOPDs) for the sensing function. Special attention is directed to features which ensure that an appropriate safety-related performance is achieved. An ESPE may include optional safety-related functions, the requirements for which are given in Annex A of IEC 61946-1:2012 and of this part. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2006. It constitutes a technical revision and includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Requirements have been corrected and made easier to understand.
- Test procedures have been revised to make them easier to perform and to improve repeatability.
- Guidance is provided for the evaluation and verification of AOPDs using design techniques for which the test procedures of this part are not sufficient.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61496-1:2012.
|Technical Committee||44 - Safety of machinery - Electrotechnical aspects|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC/PAS 62883 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60728-10 Ed. 3.0
- IEC 62701 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 61851-23 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 60770-3 Ed. 2.0
- Project IEC 61534-1-am1 Ed. 2.0
- Project IEC 62504 Ed. 1.0