|Reference||IEC/TS 60695-6-30 ed2.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Fire hazard testing - Part 6-30: Smoke obscuration - Small-scale static method - Apparatus|
|Abstract||IEC/TS 60695-2-30:2013 describes the apparatus, calibration procedures and basic experimental procedures for the determination of the specific optical density of smoke produced by materials exposed vertically to a radiant heat source with or without the application of a pilot flame. The test specimens are of a defined size. The determination of the optical density is carried out in a pressure-controlled chamber previously calibrated with reference materials. The test methods are only applicable to flat, solid, non-metallic test specimens, of materials used in electrotechnical products. This technical specification does not provide a classification system for the behaviour of materials. The test methods are not applicable for materials that melt and flow away from the direct impingement of heat flux. The test methods are not recommended for further development for electrotechnical products nor are they recommended as the basis for regulation or other controls on smoke release due to the limitations of the physical fire model and the test specimen geometry - see Clause 4. This second edition of IEC/TS 60695-6-30 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1996. It constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- This publication is to be re-designated as a technical specification.
- The title has been modified to align with the IEC Directives.
- The FOREWORD has been revised and updated.
- An INTRODUCTION has been added.
- The Scope has been updated.
- The normative references have been updated.
- The terms and definitions have been updated.
- Clause 4: Relevance of test data and special observations has been revised.
- Detailed editorial updates have been added throughout the document.
It has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51. Keywords: Smoke obscuration, Fire Hazard.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60695-6-31:2013.
|Technical Committee||89 - Fire hazard testing|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- IEC 61169-50 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 61169-48 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 60684-3-284 Ed. 1.0
- Project IEC 62485-4 Ed. 1.0
- IEC 82045-2 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 62907 Ed. 1.0
- IEC/TR 60068-3-12 Ed. 2.0