|Reference||ISO/IEC 15149-1 ed1.0 withdrawn corrigendum||
|Title||Information technology - Telecommunications and information exchange between systems - Magnetic field area network (MFAN) - Part 1: Air interface|
|Abstract||ISO/IEC 15149-1:2014 specifies the physical layer and media access control layer protocols of wireless network over a magnetic field in a low frequency band (~300 kHz) for wireless communication in harsh environment (around metal, underwater, underground, etc.).
The physical layer protocol is designed for the following scope:
- low carrier frequency for large magnetic field area and reliable communication in harsh environment;
- simple and robust modulation for a low implementation cost and error performance;
- variable coding and bandwidth for a link adaptation.
The media access control layer protocol is designed for the following scope:
- simple and efficient network topology for low power consumption;
- variable superframe structure for compact and efficient data transmission;
- dynamic address assignment for small packet size and efficient address management.
ISO/IEC 15149-1:2014 supports several kbps data transmission in wireless network within a distance of several metres. It can be applied to various services such as the following areas:
- environmental industry to manage pollution levels in soil and water using wireless underground or underwater sensors;
- construction industry to monitor the integrity of buildings and bridges using wireless, inner-corrosion sensors;
- consumer-electronics industry to detect food spoilage in wet, airtight storage areas and transfer the sensing data from the inside to the outside;
- agricultural industry to manage the moisture level as well as mineral status in soil using wireless, buried sensors;
- transportation industry to manage road conditions and traffic information using wireless, underground sensors.
|Technical Committee||JTC 1/SC 6 - Telecommunications and information exchange between systems|
|Work in progress||
Quick access by ref. number
|Your basket is empty|
|Accepted credit cards:|
|Prices in CHF (Swiss francs)|
|Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer or cheque|
|Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options|
- Project IEC 61788-21 Ed. 1.0
- ISO/IEC 33001 Ed. 2.0
- ISO/IEC 33002 Ed. 2.0
- ISO/IEC 33003 Ed. 2.0
- ISO/IEC 33004 Ed. 2.0
- ISO/IEC 33020 Ed. 2.0
- IEC 60050-192 Ed. 1.0