ISO/IEC 15961:2004 Withdrawn
Information technology -- Radio frequency identification (RFID) for item management -- Data protocol: application interface
- ISO/IEC 15961:2004 addresses the information interface with the application system.
- ISO/IEC 15962:2004 deals with the processing of data and its presentation to the RF tag, and the initial processing of data captured from the RF tag.
ISO/IEC 15961:2004 focuses on the interface between the application and the data protocol processor, and includes the specification of the transfer syntax and definition of application commands and responses. It allows data and commands to be specified in a standardized way, independent of the particular air interface of ISO/IEC 18000.
- provides guidelines on how data shall be presented as objects;
- defines the structure of object identifiers, based on ISO/IEC 9834-1;
- specifies the commands that are supported for transferring data between the application and the RF tag;
- specifies the responses that are supported for transferring data between the RF tag and the application;
- provides a formal description of all the processes using ASN.1, as specified in ISO/IEC 8824-1;
- specifies the transfer syntax, based on the Basic Encoding Rules of ISO/IEC 8825-1, for data to be transferred from and to the application.
It is expected that ISO/IEC 15961:2004 will be used as a reference to develop software appropriate for particular applications, or for particular RF equipment.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 - Automatic identification and data capture techniquesrss|
|ICS||35.040.50 - Automatic identification and data capture techniques|
|File size||656 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.