Information technology - Personal identification - ISO-compliant driving licence - Part 2: Machine-readable technologies
ISO/IEC 18013-2:2008 specifies the following items.
- Mandatory and optional machine-readable data. Machine-readable IDL data support the following functions (subject in some cases to the inclusion of appropriate optional data elements):
- confirming the driving privileges of a driver;
- enabling a link to be established to a driving privilege database;
- age verification;
- identity verification;
- biographical data verification;
- evidence of residence;
- biometric authentication;
- document authentication and validation.
- The logical data structure.
- Encoding methods for the following:
- cases where the memory capacity available to the IDL application does not exceed 5 kB, typically applicable to 2D barcode symbologies, high-coercivity high-density magnetic stripe and limited memory capacity integrated circuits (contactless and those with contacts);
- integrated circuits (contactless and those with contacts) where the memory capacity available to the IDL application exceeds 5 kB;
- optical memory.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 - Cards and security devices for personal identificationrss|
|ICS||35.240.15 - Identification cards and related devices|
|File size||694 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.