Information technology -- Meta Object Facility (MOF)
ISO/IEC 19502:2005 specifies
- an abstract language for specifying, constructing, and managing technology neutral metamodels (a metamodel is in effect an abstract language for some kind of metadata);
- a framework for implementing repositories and integration frameworks (e.g., tool integration frameworks) that hold metadata (e.g., models) described by the metamodels and which uses standard technology mappings to transform MOF metamodels into metadata APIs.
ISO/IEC 19502:2005 also provides
- a formal definition of the MOF meta-metamodel, i.e. the abstract language for specifying MOF metamodels;
- a mapping from arbitrary MOF metamodels to CORBA IDL that produces IDL interfaces for managing any kind of metadata;
- a set of 'reflective' CORBA IDL interfaces for managing metadata independent of the metamodel;
- a set of CORBA IDL interfaces for representing and managing MOF metamodels;
an XMI format for MOF metamodel interchange (OMG XMI specification).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 - Data management and interchangerss|
|ICS||35.040.50 - Automatic identification and data capture techniques|
|File size||1527 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.