Information technology -- XML Metadata Interchange (XMI)
- XML, eXtensible Markup Language, a W3C standard;
- UML, Unified Modeling Language, an OMG modeling specification which is now ISO/IEC 19501;
- MOF, Meta Object Facility (ISO/IEC 19502).
ISO/IEC 19503:2005 provides specifications for
- a set of XML Schema Definitions (XSD) production rules for transforming MOF-based metamodels into XML Schemas;
- a set of XML Document production rules for encoding and decoding MOF-based metadata;
- design principles for XMI-based Schemas and XML documents;
- a set of production rules for importing XML DTDs to a MOF-based metamodel.
ISO/IEC 19503:2005 enhances metadata management and metadata interoperability in distributed object environments in general and in distributed development environments in particular. While it addresses stream-based metadata interoperability in the object analysis and design domain, ISO/IEC 19503:2005 (in part because it is MOF based) is equally applicable to metadata in many other domains.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 - Data management and interchangerss|
|ICS||35.040.50 - Automatic identification and data capture techniques|
|File size||695 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.