Information technology -- Multimedia application format (MPEG-A) -- Part 3: MPEG photo player application format
ISO/IEC 23000-3:2007 makes it possible to
- organize photos into categories based on their content - for example, the people and places depicted, or events taking place in photos;
- perform advanced content-based searches through collections of photos;
- bundle photos and favourite ways to show them, into a single MPEG-4 file;
- link to external resources such as other images (outside the MPEG-4 file) or web-pages.
The major components of ISO/IEC 23000-3:2007 are
- a method to encapsulate a set of JPEG compressed images in an MPEG-4 file;
- concise subsets of MPEG-7 metadata to describe the individual images and the overall collection;
- a method to embed this binary MPEG-7 metadata in the MPEG-4 file.
ISO/IEC 23000-3:2007 is a response to the need for persistent and interoperable linking of digital image collections with metadata in order to support advanced access to content. It offers a flexible solution for applications ranging from consumer digital photography to advertising and e-commerce.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 - Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia informationrss|
|ICS||35.040.40 - Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information|
|File size||607 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.