Information technology -- Security techniques -- Guidelines for identification, collection, acquisition and preservation of digital evidence
It provides guidance to individuals with respect to common situations encountered throughout the digital evidence handling process and assists organizations in their disciplinary procedures and in facilitating the exchange of potential digital evidence between jurisdictions.
ISO/IEC 27037:2012 gives guidance for the following devices and circumstances:
- Digital storage media used in standard computers like hard drives, floppy disks, optical and magneto optical disks, data devices with similar functions,
- Mobile phones, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs), memory cards,
- Mobile navigation systems,
- Digital still and video cameras (including CCTV),
- Standard computer with network connections,
- Networks based on TCP/IP and other digital protocols, and
- Devices with similar functions as above.
The above list of devices is an indicative list and not exhaustive.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.