Identification cards -- Physical characteristics
ISO/IEC 7810:2003 specifies:
- four different sizes of identification cards with a nominal thickness of 0,76 mm and dimensions of:
- ID-000 25 mm x 15 mm,
- ID-1 85,60 mm x 53,98 mm,
- ID-2 105 mm x 74 mm,
- ID-3 125 mm x 88 mm;
- the conditions for conformance;
- the dimensions and tolerances of the identification cards;
- the construction and materials of the identification cards; and
- the physical characteristics of the cards such as bending stiffness, flammability, toxicity, resistance to chemicals, dimensional stability, adhesion or blocking, warpage, resistance to heat, surface distortions, and contamination.
ISO/IEC 7810:2003, together with a standard for test methods, provides for interchange between various types of identification card processing devices and systems.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 - Cards and security devices for personal identificationrss|
|ICS||35.240.15 - Identification cards and related devices|
|File size||171 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.