Information technology -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX®) Base Specifications, Issue 7
- General terms, concepts, and interfaces common to all volumes of this standard, including utility conventions and C-language header definitions, are included in the Base Definitions volume.
- Definitions for system service functions and subroutines, language-specific system services for the C programming language, function issues, including portability, error handling, and error recovery, are included in the System Interfaces volume.
- Definitions for a standard source code-level interface to command interpretation services (a "shell") and common utility programs for application programs are included in the Shell and Utilities volume.
- Extended rationale that did not fit well into the rest of the document structure, which contains historical information concerning the contents of ISO/IEC/IEEE 9945:2008 and why features were included or discarded by the ISO/IEC/IEEE 9945:2008 developers, is included in the Rationale (Informative) volume.
The following areas are outside the scope of ISO/IEC/IEEE 9945:2008:
- graphics interfaces;
- database management system interfaces;
- record I/O considerations;
- object or binary code portability;
- system configuration and resource availability.
ISO/IEC/IEEE 9945:2008 describes the external characteristics and facilities that are of importance to application developers, rather than the internal construction techniques employed to achieve these capabilities. Special emphasis is placed on those functions and facilities that are needed in a wide variety of commercial applications.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 - Programming languages, their environments and system software interfacesrss|
|ICS||35.060 - Languages used in information technology|
|File size||14084 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.