Specifications for particular types of winding wires - Part 27: Paper tape covered rectangular copper wire
- width: min. 2,0 mm max. 16,0 mm;
- thickness: min. 0,80 mm max. 5,60 mm. The paper tapes covered by this standard are restricted to those specified in IEC 60554-1 having thicknesses in the range 25 μm to 125 μm inclusive. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 1998, Amendment 1:1999. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new subclause containing general notes on winding wire, formerly a part of the scope;
- revision to references to IEC 60317-0-2:2013 to clarify that their application is normative;
- new 3.3, Appearance;
- modification to 4.4, Increase in dimensions due to paper tape covering;
- deletion of Clause 22, High temperature failure;
- new Clause 23, Pin hole test. Keywords: requirements of paper tape covered rectangular copper winding wires, winding coils for oil immersed transformers
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60317-0-2:2013.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.