Specifications for particular types of winding wires - Part 28: Polyesterimide enamelled rectangular copper wire, class 180
- width: min. 2,0 mm max. 16,0 mm;
- thickness: min. 0,80 mm max. 5,60 mm. Wires of grade 1 and grade 2 are included in this specification and apply to the complete range of conductors. The specified combinations of width and thickness as well as the specified width/thickness ratio are given in IEC 60317-0-2:2013. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1990, Amendment 1:1997 and Amendment 2:2007. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new subclause containing general notes on winding wire, formerly a part of the scope;
- revision to references to IEC 60317-0-2:2013 to clarify that their application is normative;
- new 3.3, Appearance;
- deletion of Clause 22, High temperature failure;
- modification to Clause 23, Pin hole test. Keywords: requirements of enamelled rectangular copper winding wire, class 180, sole coating based on polyesterimide resin
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60317-0-2:2013.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.