Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-17: Particular requirements for blankets, pads, clothing and similar flexible heating appliances
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-17:2012+AMD1:2015+AMD2:2019 CSV
- The definition of PTC heating element has been deleted and the definition in Part 1 now applies. A definition of a heating element with PTC characteristics has been introduced instead (3.117). This has resulted in editorial changes to 5.7, 5.8.2, 7.1, 10.101, 11.2, 21.105, 21.111.1 and 21.112.
- The allowance for class I appliances has been deleted and requirements for appliances incorporating a functional earth have been incorporated (6.1, 7.1, 22.115).
- The working voltage of parts of class III construction is limited to 24 V (22.26).
- Some notes have been deleted or converted to normative text (3.107, 3.111, 3.113, 5.2, 5.3, 5.8.2, 11.8, 11.101, 11.102, 15.1, 15.101, 19.1, 19.13, 19.102, 19.103, 19.105, 19.106, 19.108, 19.109, 19.110, 19.111, 19.112, 21.1, 21.102, 21.103, 21.109, 21.110.3, 21.111.1, 21.111.2, 21.111.3, 21.112, 22.103, 22.114, 25.23, Annex AA, Annex CC 3.1.9, 19.201, 19.203).
- Modification of the marking requirements (7.1, 7.14, 7.15).
- Modification of the instructions (7.12).
- Clarification of the heat stroke test (11.101).
- The figure numbers have been updated to take into account deletion of Figure 103 in the previous edition.
The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication. Keywords: electric blanket: pad: heating element
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||13.120 - Domestic safety
97.040.50 - Small kitchen appliances
|File size||2355 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.