Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-6: Particular requirements for stationary cooking ranges, hobs, ovens and similar appliances
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-6:2014+AMD1:2018 CSV
- induction hobs;
- induction wok elements;
- pyrolytic self-cleaning ovens and steam ovens. As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account; persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction. It also does not take into account children playing with the appliance. This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2004) and its Amendment 2 (2008). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the fifth edition of IEC 60335-2-6 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- introduction of requirements for steam ovens;
- introduction of requirements for ovens intended for use on ships;
- clarified requirements for oven shelve construction and test;
- introduction of optional values for the accessible surface temperatures of ovens;
- introduction of stabilising means including warnings;
- clarified representative periods for various appliances (Clause 10);
- introduction of a spillage test for built-in under-bench ovens. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. Key words: Stationary cooking, Hobs, Ranges, Ovens, Induction, Pyrolytic self-cleaning
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||13.120 - Domestic safety
97.040.20 - Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances
|File size||1564 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.