Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-68: Particular requirements for spray extraction machines, for commercial use
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-68:2012+AMD1:2016 CSV
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- rental services for those machines and all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems are covered: mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances and battery powered motors. This standard applies to machines in which the pressure of the employed cleaning agent does not exceed 2,5 MPa, and in which the product of the pressure (in MPa) and the flow of cleaning agent (in litres per minute) does not exceed 100, and in which the temperature of the cleaning agent at the spray nozzle outlet does not exceed 85 °C. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002 and its Amendments 1 (2005) and 2 (2007). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the third edition of IEC 60335-2-68 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- the title has been changed for better distinction with regard to IEC 60335-2-72;
- the scope has been revised editorially to avoid misunderstandings;
- terms and definitions has been revised with regard to the requirements revised;
- the standard has been revised in general and updated regarding state-of-the-art, as far as necessary, in particular some changes has been made to Clauses 15, 22 and 25;
- the markings and instructions (Clause 7) have been revised basically;
- a new Annex AA 'Emission of acoustical noise' was added;
- and a new Annex BB 'Emission of vibration' was added. Keywords: Spray extraction machines; cleaning agent.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.020 - Home economics in general|
|File size||1432 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.