IEC 60335-2-79:2012 Withdrawn
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-79: Particular requirements for high pressure cleaners and steam cleaners
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase machines and 480 V for other machines,
- battery powered motors,
- internal combustion engines and
- hydraulic or pneumatic motors. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002 and its Amendments 1 (2004) and 2 (2007). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the second edition of IEC 60335-2-79 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- the scope has been revised editorially to avoid misunderstandings;
- terms and definitions has been revised with regard to the requirements revised;
- the standard has been revised in general and updated regarding state-of-the-art, as far as necessary, in particular some changes have been made to Clauses 15, 22, and 25;
- a new Annex CC 'Emission of acoustical noise' was added;
- a new Annex DD 'Emission of vibration' was added and
- a new Annex EE with a model test report for vibration emission was added.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.080 - Cleaning appliances|
|File size||1903 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.