Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 7-714: Requirements for special installations or locations - External lighting installations
- public street-lighting installations which are part of the public power grid;
- temporary festoon lighting;
- road traffic signal systems;
- and luminaires which are fixed to the outside of a building and are supplied directly from the internal wiring of that building.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 1996, and constitutes a technical revision. The major technical changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- clause numbering is aligned with present structure of IEC 60364;
- additional protection is required in some cases of equipment incorporating lighting;
- more stringent requirements regarding IP degree of protection;
- introduction of particular requirements for isolation.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shockrss|
|ICS||91.140.50 - Electricity supply systems
91.160.20 - Exterior building lighting
|File size||958 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.