ISO/IEC 17344:2006 Withdrawn
Information technology -- Data Interchange on 120 mm and 80 mm Optical Disk using +R Format -- Capacity: 4,7 and 1,46 Gbytes per Side (Recording speed up to 16X)
ISO/IEC 17344:2006 also specifies 80 mm disks with capacities of 1,46 Gbytes and 2,92 Gbytes. These disks have the same characteristics as the 120 mm disks, except for some parameters related to the smaller dimensions.
ISO/IEC 17344:2006 specifies:
- two related but different Types of this disk;
- the conditions for conformance;
- the environments in which the disk is to be tested, operated and stored;
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics of the disk, so as to provide mechanical interchange between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, including the physical disposition of the tracks and sectors, the error correcting codes and the coding method; and
- the characteristics of the signals recorded on the disk, thus enabling data processing systems to read the data from the disk.
ISO/IEC 17344:2006 provides for the interchange of disks between optical disk drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure, it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 23 - Digitally Recorded Media for Information Interchange and Storagerss|
|ICS||35.220.30 - Optical storage devices|
|File size||911 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.