ISO/IEC 19775-1:2004 Withdrawn
Information technology -- Computer graphics and image processing -- Extensible 3D (X3D) -- Part 1: Architecture and base components
The semantics of X3D describe an abstract functional behaviour of time-based, interactive 3D, multimedia information. ISO/IEC 19775-1:2004 does not define physical devices or any other implementation-dependent concepts (e.g. screen resolution and input devices). ISO/IEC 19775-1:2004 is intended for a wide variety of devices and applications, and provides wide latitude in interpretation and implementation of the functionality. For example, ISO/IEC 19775-1:2004 does not assume the existence of a mouse or 2D display device.
Each X3D application:
- implicitly establishes a world coordinate space for all objects defined, as well as all objects included by the application;
- explicitly defines and composes a set of 3D and multimedia objects;
- can specify hyperlinks to other files and applications;
- can define programmatic or data-driven object behaviours;
- can connect to external modules or applications via programming and scripting languages;
- explicitly declares its functional requirements by specifying a profile;
- can declare additional functional requirements by specifying components.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 - Computer graphics, image processing and environmental data representationrss|
|ICS||35.140 - Computer graphics|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.