Optical amplifiers - Test methods - Part 1-3: Power and gain parameters - Optical power meter method
- nominal output signal power;
- polarization-dependent gain;
- maximum output signal power;
- maximum total output power. All numerical values followed by (‡) are suggested values for which the measurement is assured. Other values may be acceptable but should be verified. This part of IEC 61290-1 applies to single-channel amplifiers. For multichannel amplifiers, the IEC 61290-10 series applies. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2005. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Detail description of most parameters has been described in IEC 61290-1 and removed from this part;
- Description of maximum output signal power and maximum total output power are added. Keywords: optical amplifiers (OA), single-channel amplifiers, optical power meter test method
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61290-1:2014.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86C - Fibre optic systems and active devicesrss|
|ICS||33.180.30 - Optic amplifiers|
|File size||1135 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.