Optical fibres - Part 1-43: Measurement methods and test procedures - Numerical aperture measurement
- expansion of the scope to include A1, A2, A3 and A4 multimode fibre categories;
- addition of measurement parameters of sample length and threshold values, product specific to the variables that are now found in the product specifications;
- a new Annex B entitled "Product specific default values for NA measurement";
- addition of a new Technique 4 for measuring NA of A4d fibres;
- a new Annex A entitled "Mapping NA measurement to alternative lengths" that gives a mapping function to correlate shorter sample length measurements to the length suggested in the reference test method Naff. Keywords: numerical aperture of optical fibre, inspection of fibres and cables
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60793-1-1:2008, IEC 60793-1-21:2001 and IEC 60793-1-22:2001.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.