Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Non-wavelength-selective fibre optic branching devices - Part 1: Generic specification
- they are passive, in that they contain no optoelectronic or other transducing elements;
- they have three or more ports for the entry and/or exit of optical power, and share optical power among these ports in a predetermined fashion;
- the ports are optical fibres, or optical fibre connectors. This standard establishes uniform requirements for the optical, mechanical and environmental properties. This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2010 and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- removal of terms and definitions for splitter, coupler, symmetric non-wavelength-selective branching device, asymmetric non-wavelength-selective branching device;
- addition of terms and definitions for bidirectional non-wavelength-selective branching device and non-bidirectional non-wavelength-selective branching device, removal of assessment level. Keywords: non-wavelength-selective fibre optic branching devices, uniform requirements for the optical, mechanical and environmental properties.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86B - Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive componentsrss|
|ICS||33.180.20 - Fibre optic interconnecting devices|
|File size||1226 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.