IEC 60974-10:2014+AMD1:2015 CSV
Arc welding equipment - Part 10: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)requirements
a) applicable standards and test methods for radio-frequency (RF) emissions;
b) applicable standards and test methods for harmonic current emission, voltage fluctuations and flicker;
c) immunity requirements and test methods for continuous and transient, conducted and radiated disturbances including electrostatic discharges.
This standard is applicable to equipment for arc welding and allied processes, including power sources and ancillary equipment, for example wire feeders, liquid cooling systems and arc striking and stabilizing devices. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2007 and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- inclusion of optional use of a decoupling network and a load outside the test chamber;
- inclusion of an alternative test setup for portable equipment;
- inclusion of test conditions for complex controls, liquid cooling systems and arc striking and stabilizing devices;
- update of the applicable limits related to the updated reference to CISPR 11;
- exclusion of the use of narrow band relaxations for RF emission limits;
- update of the applicable limits for harmonics and flicker and inclusion of flow-charts related to the updated reference to IEC 61000-3-11 and IEC 61000-3-12;
- update of the requirements for voltage dips related to the updated reference to IEC 61000-4-11 and IEC 61000-4-34;
- update of the informative annex for installation and use;
- inclusion of symbols to indicate the RF equipment class and restrictions for use. This consolidated version consists of the third edition (2014) and its amendment 1 (2015). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.