Series capacitors for power systems - Part 1: General
- capacitors for inductive heat-generating plants (IEC 60110-1);
- capacitors for motor applications and the like (IEC 60252 (all parts));
- capacitors to be used in power electronics circuits (IEC 61071);
- capacitors for discharge lamps (IEC 61048 and IEC 61049). For standard types of accessories such as insulators, switches, instrument transformers, external fuses, etc. see the pertinent IEC standard. The object of this standard is:
- to formulate uniform rules regarding performance, testing and rating;
- to formulate specific safety rules;
- to serve as a guide for installation and operation. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition, published in 2004. This edition constitutes a technical revision. The main change with respect to the previous edition is that the endurance test has been replaced by an ageing test because voltage cycling is already performed in the cold duty test. The guide section has been expanded regarding long line correction and altitude correction. In addition the insulation tables and references to other standards have been updated.
Keywords: a.c. transmission or distribution line, capacitor units and banks for high-voltage power systems
The contents of the corrigendum of April 2017 have been included in this copy.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.