IEC 61977:2015 Withdrawn
Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Fibre optic filters - Generic specification
- they are passive for the reason that they contain no optoelectronic or other transducing elements which can process the optical signal launched into the input port;
- they modify the spectral intensity distribution in order to select some wavelengths and inhibit others;
- they are fixed, i.e. the modification of the spectral intensity distribution is fixed and cannot be tuned;
- they have input and output ports or a common port (having both functions of input and output) for the transmission of optical power;
- the ports are optical fibre or optical fibre connectors;
- they differ according to their characteristics.
They can be divided into the following categories:
- short-wave pass (only wavelengths lower than or equal to a specified value are passed);
- long-wave pass (only wavelengths greater than or equal to a specified value are passed);
- band-pass (only an optical window is allowed);
- notch (only an optical window is inhibited).
It is also possible to have a combination of the above categories. This standard establishes uniform requirements for the following: optical, mechanical and environmental properties. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- harmonization of a number of terms and definitions with other generic specifications;
- deletion of the quality assessment level clause. Keywords: fibre optic filters generic specification
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86B - Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive componentsrss|
|ICS||33.180.20 - Fibre optic interconnecting devices|
|File size||1626 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.