IEC 60793-2-50:2015 Withdrawn
Optical fibres - Part 2-50: Product specifications - Sectional specification for class B single-mode fibres
Note: this publication has been replaced by IEC 60793-2-50:2018
- general requirements, as defined in IEC 60793-2;
- specific requirements common to the class B single-mode fibres covered in this standard and which are given in Clause 5;
- particular requirements applicable to individual fibre categories or specific applications, which are defined in Annexes A to G. For some fibre categories (shown in the relevant family specifications), there are sub-categories that are distinguished on the basis of difference in transmission attribute specifications. The designations for these sub-categories are documented in the individual family specifications. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition, published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- aligns the requirements with the ITU-T Recommendations G.654 (2012-10) and G.657 (2012-10);
- adds a new sub-category B1.2_d;
- modifies B6 sub-categories in terms of attenuation and chromatic dispersion coefficient. Keywords: information transmission equipment, optical fibre cables
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.