Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-79: Particular requirements for high pressure cleaners and steam cleaners
AbstractIEC 60335-2-79:2016 deals with the safety of high-pressure cleaners without traction drive, intended for household and commercial indoor or outdoor use, having a rated pressure not less than 2,5 MPa and not exceeding 35 MPa. It also applies to steam cleaners and those parts of hot water high pressure cleaners incorporating a steam stage which have a capacity not exceeding 100 l, a rated pressure not exceeding 2,5 MPa and a product of capacity and rated pressure not exceeding 5 MPa·l. They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems of the drive for the high pressure pump are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase machines and 480 V for other machines,
- battery-operated motors,
- internal combustion engines,
- hydraulic or pneumatic motors. This standard does not apply to:
- high pressure water jet machines having a rated pressure exceeding 35 MPa;
- steam cleaners intended for domestic use;
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools;
- appliances for medical purposes;
- agricultural sprayers;
- non-liquid, solid abrasive cleaners;
- machines designed to be part of a production process;
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas) or
- machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the third edition of IEC 60335-2-79 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- the standard has been revised editorially to avoid misunderstandings;
- the document has been revised for the consistent use of definitions throughout the text;
- correct references were added in the foreword;
- Annex B has been revised and updated;
- Clause 15 has been revised and updated;
- clarification of relevant liquid tanks has been added;
- in Clause 20 the revised temperature has been inserted and the text in 29.1 was modified in order to remove any misunderstandings and is in line with IEC 60335-2-102. This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of its publication. Key words: Steam Cleaner, High Pressure Cleaner
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.080 - Cleaning appliances|
|File size||2243 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.