High-voltage test techniques for low-voltage equipment - Definitions, test and procedure requirements, test equipment
- defined terms of both general and specific applicability;
- general requirements regarding test objects and test procedures;
- methods for generation and measurement of test voltages;
- test procedures;
- methods for the evaluation of test results and to indicate criteria for acceptance;
- requirements concerning approved measuring devices and checking methods and measurement uncertainty. Alternative test procedures may be required and these should be specified by the relevant technical committees. Care should be taken if the test object has voltage limiting devices, as they may influence the results of the test. The relevant technical committees should provide guidance for testing objects equipped with voltage limiting devices. This 1st edition of IEC 61180 cancels and replaces the 1st edition of IEC 61180-1, issued in 1992, and the 1st edition of IEC 61180-2, issued in 1994. Key words: High Voltage Test Techniques, Dielectric Tests, Disruptive Discharge, Withstand Voltage.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 42 - High-voltage and high-current test techniquesrss|
|ICS||19.080 - Electrical and electronic testing|
|File size||2244 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.