Optical amplifiers - Test methods - Part 4-1: Gain transient parameters - Two-wavelength method
- channel addition or removal transient gain overshoot and transient net gain overshoot;
- channel addition or removal transient gain undershoot and transient net gain undershoot;
- channel addition or removal gain offset;
- channel addition or removal transient gain response time constant (settling time). This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- extended the applicability from only EDFAs to all OFAs;
- updated definitions for consistency with other documents in the IEC 61290-4 series. Keywords: optical amplifiers (OAs), optical fibre amplifiers (OFAs), rare-earth dopants, erbium-doped fibre amplifiers
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86C - Fibre optic systems and active devicesrss|
|ICS||33.180.30 - Optic amplifiers|
|File size||1595 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.