Soft ferrite material classification
- cross-reference between materials from multiple suppliers;
- assistance to customers in understanding the published technical data in catalogues when comparing multiple suppliers;
- guidance to customers in selecting the most applicable material for each application;
- setting of nomenclature for IEC standards relating to ferrite;
- establishing uniform benchmarks for suppliers for performance in new development of materials.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) deleted "c" rank from subclass from Table 3, because of too large power loss density;
b) added "a-wide" rank in subclasses PW3, PW4 and PW5 in Table 3;
c) changed "B" of PW3 class from 100 mT to 200 mT; "B x f" and "power loss density" have also been changed;
d) changed "B" of PW4 class from 50 mT to 100 mT; "B x f" and "power loss density" have also been changed.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 51 - Magnetic components, ferrite and magnetic powder materialsrss|
|ICS||29.100.10 - Magnetic components|
|File size||1075 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.