A.C. ventilating fans and regulators for household and similar purposes – Methods for measuring performance
This document applies to ventilating fans such as partition fans for walls and windows and duct fans.
This document does not apply to:
- the safety of electric fans for household and similar purposes (IEC 60335-2- 80);
- the performance of comfort fans (IEC 60879);
- range hoods and other cooking fume extractors (IEC 61591);
- airborne acoustic noise for fans (IEC 60704-2-7);
- electromagnetic compatibility of fans (CISPR 14-1 and CISPR 14-2, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-3).
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1980. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the test chambers have been updated;
b) a test chamber for a type D fan is introduced.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.