Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Basic test and measurement procedures - Part 3-7: Examinations and measurements - Wavelength dependence of attenuation and return loss of single mode components
- measurement of attenuation only;
- measurement of attenuation and return loss at the same time.
- reduction of the number of alternative methods proposed to bring in-line with industry practice;
- re-statement of the equations for insertion loss and return loss using logarithmic forms more common in the industry;
- additional recommendations with respect to the creation of fibre terminations;
- additional discussion on the characterization of the optical sources used in this document;
- simplification of bi-directional testing;
- removal of separate return loss only measurement procedures.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86B - Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive componentsrss|
|ICS||33.180.20 - Fibre optic interconnecting devices|
|File size||1564 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.