Boxes and enclosures for electrical accessories for household and similar fixed electrical installations - Part 24: Particular requirements for enclosures for housing protective devices and other power dissipating electrical equipment
- new definition for basic, general purpose enclosures (GP enclosure) and enclosures for pre-determined equipment (PD enclosure);
- new classification and marking for general purpose enclosure (GP enclosure) and enclosure for pre-determined equipment (PD enclosure);
- required data for instruction sheet and/or documentation according to the type of enclosure;
- adequate space to allow mounting and connection of the accessories (fully equipped) as declared by the manufacturer;
- requirements for general purpose enclosure (GP enclosure) as in Clause 101;
- requirements for enclosure for pre-determined equipment (PD enclosure) as in Clause 102;
- instructions to be given by the manufacturer of the GP enclosure to the installer how to integrate accessories and example of calculation given in Annex AA;
- instructions to be given by the manufacturer of the PD enclosure to the installer how to integrate accessories given in Annex BB.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60670-1:2002.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 23/SC 23B - Plugs, socket-outlets and switchesrss|
|ICS||29.120.10 - Conduits for electrical purposes|
|File size||1279 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.