Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 4-1: Contactors and motor-starters - Electromechanical contactors and motor-starters
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60947-4-1:2018 RLV
IEC 60947-4-1:2018 is applicable to the following equipment:
- electromechanical contactors and starters including motor protective switching device (MPSD);
- actuators of contactor relays;
- contacts dedicated exclusively to the coil circuit of this contactor or this contactor relay;
- dedicated accessories (e.g. dedicated wiring, dedicated latch accessory);
intended to be connected to distribution circuits, motors circuits and other load circuits, the rated voltage of which does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2009 and its Amendment 1:2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Scope structure and exclusions
- Editorial correction of notes and hanging paragraphs
- Reference to IEC 62683-1
- Motor protective switching device (MPSD) with its requirements
- Safety aspects related to:
- General aspects;
- Limited energy circuits;
- Electronic circuits;
- Assessment procedure for electromechanical overload protection used in safety -applications (new Annex L)
- Introduction of provisions covering the impact of higher locked rotor current to achieve high efficiency class
- Mention of dedicated wiring accessories
- Pickup power measurement
- Alignment to IEC 60947-1:2007, IEC 60947-1:2007/AMD1:2010, and IEC 60947‑1:2007/AMD2:2014
- Direct current requirements for covering photovoltaic application (new Annex M)
- Load monitoring indicators (new Annex O)
- Short-circuit breaking tests of MPSD (new Annex P)
- Co-ordination under short-circuit conditions between a MPSD and another short-circuit protective device associated in the same circuit (new Annex Q).
The contents of the interpretation sheet of March 2020, the corrigendum 1 of April 2020 and the corrigendum 2 of April 2021 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121A - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgearrss|
|ICS||29.120.99 - Other electrical accessories|
29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear
|File size||4899 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.